Inter look set to replace Ivan Perišić with 22-year-old Lazio winger Keita Balde. Balde is expected to cost around €20m with €5m in additional performance bonuses.
Baldehas agreed personal terms with Inter on a 5-year contract worth €3m/year.
The 22-year-old was given the day off by Lazio on Sunday, and while agent Roberto Calenda stated it was planned, reports indicate there was more to the absence.
So what are Inter getting in Keita? A younger, more direct version on Perisic. Kieta scored 16 times for Lazio in Serie A last season, compared to Perisic’s 11 goals. Where Perisic’s shinned was in assists (8 to 3) and chances created (61 to 43).
This is a preview of
Mercato: Keita Balde Lined Up As Perisic Replacement
. Read the full post (158 words, 2 images, estimated 38 secs reading time)
Luciano Spalletti has named his 28-man squad for the pre-season tour of China and Singapore and to the surprise of many, Ivan Perisic is on the list.
The papers have been full of stories that Perisic was hours away from signing for Manchester United, but the fact that he is going to China would seem to indicate that a deal for the winger is not as close as we have been led to believe.
The only regular player not on the plan is Davide Santon as a MRI scan revealed damage to the muscle-tendon join near the medial gastrocnemius in his right leg. Santon will remain in Milan to receive treatment on the problem.
Inter boss Luciano Spalletti is reportedly meeting with the club’s hierarchy to understand why Inter are not spending money this summer.
The Nerazzurri are heading to China for their pre-season tour, and Spalletti, technical director Walter Sabatini and sporting Piero Ausilio are set to meet with the Zhang family to discuss transfer targets.
Despite rumors of a €150m transfer kitty, Inter have only signed Milan Skriniar and Borja Valero from Sampdoria and Fiorentina, respectively.
With rivals AC Milan splashing the cash this summer, the pressure is growing on Suning Group’s technical co-ordinator Walter Sabatini to do something.
This is a preview of
Spalletti Unhappy With Lack Of Transfer Activity
. Read the full post (229 words, 1 image, estimated 55 secs reading time)
The drumbeat from the UK media is that Manchester United are closing in on signing Inter winger Ivan Perisic, but sporting director Piero Ausilio says that “we have not taken into consideration anything that Manchester United have offered us” for Ivan Perisic.
In an interview on Sky Sport Italia, Ausilio cut down any rumours of an imminent deal.
“It’s not happening. Perisic is training with us and so far we have not taken into consideration anything that Manchester United have offered us.”
Ausilio was also asked about the situation with Nice full-back Dalbert, who is reportedly the subject of a €20m proposal.
Director Piero Ausilio is “convinced Luciano Spalletti is the right man for the job,” but confessed Radja Nainggolan is unlikely to leave Roma.
The director of sport sat down with Sky Sport Italia this evening to discuss the Nerazzurri’s transfer strategy under new Coach Spalletti.
“We chose Spalletti because he’s good. That’s all you need to know. He is motivated, has a top-level staff, has already settled in and I am convinced he is the right man for the job.
Gabriel Barbosa says that the feels “more mature”, so expects to have a better season with Inter this time around.
The Brazilian striker arrived with much fanfare from Santos last summer and with a big transfer fee of €30m. But it is fair to say that Gabigol’s first season at Inter was a disaster.
Three permanent managers and one caretaker manager all watched Gabigol train last season and none thought he was ready to start a game for Inter. They barely thought he was worth playing in garbage time of games.
Gary Medel’s representatives have confirmed the midfielder is preparing to secure a move to Mexican club Tigres from Inter Milan but stressed that, until the paperwork was signed, “anything can happen”.
Medel has been with Inter since joining the club from Cardiff City in 2014 and was a consistent member of the starting XI last season, making 26 appearances in Serie A, all of which were starts.
It appears the signing of the 32-year-old Borja Valero has signaled the end of the younger Medel’s spell at Inter, and that the midfielder is close to a transfer to Tigres.
Inter’s latest signing Milan Skriniar is amazed that he is at one of the biggest clubs in Europe just two years ago he was playing for Zilina.
The 22-year-old defender officially signed from Sampdoria on Friday, signing a five-year deal with the Nerazzurri after a reported €18m transfer fee.
“I could never have expected this,” Skirniar said at his presentation Press conference.
“Two years ago I was at Zilina, now I’m at Inter.
“It’s amazing for me. I talked to my agent and we decided to come to Inter, this is a top club with a great history.
Inter have officially confirmed what I wrote yesterday,that the 32-year-old Spanish midfielder Borja Valero has joined the club on a three year deal
“I’m really satisfied, it’s a great professional challenge to come to Inter,” he told Inter Channel.
“It’s what I’ve done in recent years, playing more or less everywhere in midfield, especially when some of my teammates were missing.
“I’ll try to do my best and show what I can do. I salute the Inter fans and hope we can do great things together.”
Last year Suning said they wanted to buy youngplayers with upside, but I don’t think any Inter fan thought that the club would sign so many teenagers.
In addition to signing Atalanta centre-back Alessandro Bastoni, Inter have also signed 18-year-olds Nicolo Zaniolo from Entella and Jens Odgaard from Danish side Lyngby.
But Inter are not satisfied accumulating some of the best young talent in Europe, as news from Boca Juniors President Daniel Angelici is that the South American side have “accepted an offer” from Inter for Facundo Colidio.