≡ Menu

Barcelona With Low ball Offer For Lautaro

Mercato Inter Milan

Cash poor Barcelona have reportedly make a low ball offer too Inter of €70m plus Arturo Vidal and Nelson Semedo for striker Lautaro Martinez.

El Mundo Deportivo cite Italian journalist Nicolò Schira in outlining the situation, although the figures and players quoted are exactly the same as that from a report in Diario Sport earlier this month.

Barcelona are desperate to find a young striker who replace the aging Luis Suarez, but while they have champagne dreams they have a Budweiser budget.

They wasted the money that they got for Neymar in Dembélé and Coutinho and the signing of Griezmann has not been any better.

Barcelona need to offload Coutinho and Griezmann before they can think about activating Martinez’s release clause, which will be really difficult for them since his €111 million release clause is only valid between July 1-15. That gives Barca very little time to raise the funds they need to complete the deal.

Who else could possibly be interested in a 22-year-old Argentine international who has scored 16 goals in 30 appearances for Inter this season, including scoring five in six outings in the Champions League?

Barcelona’s bitter rivals Real Madrid is said to be very interested according to El Mundo Deportivo as Zidane looks to reboot an attack that has struggled since Ronaldo left.

Another possible destination is the Premier League, where Manchester United and Manchester City are also said to be monitoring Martinez’s situation, but Spain is his likely target.