Tonight sees Inter make the short journey south to the Emilia-Romagna region for their only Tuesday night Serie A fixture this season.
It’s been an excellent start to the season for the Nerazzurri and they are strong favorites to beat a Bologna who have picked up just four points from their opening four matches.
With no European competition to worry them, Spalletti can rotate his Inter side. The only absentee this evening will be full-back Joao Cancelo and the Tuscan tactician is likely to stick with the core of the side that has started the season so well.
Club captain and striker Mauro Icardi is in a rich vein of form having scored five goals already this term and he looks likely to play as the lone striker once again ably supported by Ivan Perisic, Joao Mario and Antonio Candreva.
The hosts could welcome back striker Matteo Destro however it’s likely that he will start on the bench. Rodrigo Palacio could play against his former club in a front three alongside Federico Di Francesco and Simone Verdi.
- Inter have won 10 of their last 12 away matches against Bologna in all competitions
- Inter have won their last 6 matches (Serie A)
- Inter have scored at least 2 goals in their last 6 matches (Serie A).
PROBABLE STARTING LINE-UPS:
Bologna (4-3-3) Mirante; Masina, Helander, Gonzalez, Krafth; Poli, Taider, Donsah; Verdi, Palacio, Francesco
Inter (4-2-3-1) Handanovic; Nagatomo, Miranda, Skriniar, D’Ambrosio; Vecino, Valero; Perisic, Mario, Candreva; Icardi
- After starting the season with two good results, Bologna have lost their last two matches, but their current position in the table is relative to their seasonal target.
- Inter made it four victories from four against Crotone and the calendar keeps giving them good opportunities to keep the pace with Juventus and Napoli at the top of the table.
- The Nerazzurri will not have to face many midweek fixtures over the campaign and tiredness should not be an issue tonight.
Bologna 0 Inter 2