Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi has denied reports he has agreed to join Juventus this summer, releasing a statement to confirm his future lies at the San Siro.
Reports in Italy on Friday claimed the 26-year-old had already agreed a contract worth £135,000 a week plus bonuses with the Turin-based side.
However, Icardi quickly took to Instagram to dismiss those rumors and commit his long-term future to his current club.
He wrote: ‘Since the press has recently reported news that does not reflect my thoughts and my will, I want to inform our fans that I have repeatedly informed the club of my intention to stay at Inter.
‘Thus from now on no misunderstandings of any kind will be created.
‘I understand the interests of the press to sell false news but more than clarify things personally I can’t do.
‘I repeat: I have already expressed to Inter the will to stay because Inter is my family.
‘Time will tell who told the truth. Forza Inter, always.’
Wanda Nara, Icardi’s wife and agent, also previously said her husband is not leaving Inter this summer.
Speaking on her Italian TV show, , Nara said: ‘I’m tired of repeating that he wants to stay at Inter. I’ll turn my phone off on the first day of the transfer window. There have been offers, but Icardi’s staying at Inter. That’s it.
‘The best teams have contacted him, the best coaches want him, but Mauro believes he’s staying at Inter, regardless of who their coach will be. Everyone wants him. According to what [Inter manager Luciano] Spalletti says, it’s Inter who don’t want him.’
Despite this, Nara said Icardi and Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo ‘can play together’ when asked if the pair could forge an attacking partnership.