According to Il Giornale, Inter have agreed a deal to sign Sassuolo forward Domenico Berardi in the summer.
The Italian Under-21 international was previously co-owned by the Neroverdi and Juventus, but the Sassuolo bought out tJuventus’s share.
There was then a “gentleman’s agreement” that the player would move to Turin in the summer of 2016, but he opted to remain at Mapei Stadium as he was concerned about playing time in Tutin.
The 22-year-old winger is valued at €20m by TransferMarkt and the media outlet is reporting that the Nerazzurri have already signed Berardi for next season, with the forward even signing a contract which will activate on July 1.
Some mixed signals being sent by Inter this morning. First we had the story in Gazzetta dello Sport that Stefano Pioli must finish at least fourth to guarantee his Inter future beyond this season.
But then we had some comments from Inter vice-president Javier Zanetti at the Premio GLGS ceremony where he sees a “promising future” for Inter, and says the Roma defeat “does not change our objectives”.
“I’m confident, we’re all working for Inter.”
“They [Suning] have been here for four months and are ambition and thinking of a promising future.
Various media outlets are reporting today that Stefano Pioli must finish in the top four if he is to return as Inter manager next season.
Pioli was hired to get Inter into the Champions League this season, something which looks extremely difficult after the defeat at home to Roma on Sunday night.
According to Gazzetta dello Sport, there is concern about the results against other big teams, meaning the Nerazzurri are considering whether they need a bigger name on the bench.
The newspaper believes that Pioli’s future is very much in his own hands, but he must finish fourth at the very least to be assured of keeping his job.
Roberto Gagliardini shut down talk of refereeing decisions after Inter lost to Roma. “We lack something in terms of grit and courage.”
There was a possible nudge on Gagliardini from Radja Nainggolan before he went on the counter for the second goal in the 3-1 result at San Siro.
“I don’t think refereeing decisions made much of a difference, what’s more important is we should’ve done better in certain moments of the game,” the former Atalanta midfielder told Rai Sport.
“We knew of Roma’s quality and we are probably just missing a few details to be up on their level, but we had come off a run of wins and we remain confident.
Stefano Pioli felt Inter’s 3-1 defeat to Roma was “a balanced game, but they were more surgical in their finishing and took their chances.”
Radja Nainggolan bagged a brace of long-range strikes before Mauro Icardi and Diego Perotti’s penalty.
“It’s a setback we didn’t want, though we knew that we were facing an important and strong opponent,” Pioli told Mediaset Premium.
“It was a complicated and difficult match, but also a balanced one. Roma were more surgical in their finishing and took their chances well. We had opportunities too, but only took one.”
Pioli’s ego and the missing points!
Lets be honest,
You do not play with three center defenders without a back right and back left against one of the strongest attacking team this season.
- You don’t let your confidence shake your reality, YES D’Ambrosio is not Miranda!
- You don’t leave fast wingers like Mohamed Salah and Bruno Peres penetrating without coverage.
- You do not have Gary Medel marking Dzeko with more than half a meter difference in height between both players.
- You don’t play Joao Mario and Brozovic as wingers or second strikers!
Inter vice-President Javier Zanetti admits the visit of Roma on Sunday night is “a cup final”.
The Nerazzurri are aiming to qualify for the Champions League this season, and move to within five points of the capital club with a win this weekend.
Zanetti famously scored a late equaliser against the Giallorossi in the 2007-08 season, in what was a crucial match in securing the Scudetto.
“I definitely remember running down the pitch [in celebration] with my teammates yelling at me to stop, and [Patrick] Vieira saying he couldn’t catch me,” ‘Pupi’ recalled in an interview with Il Giornale.
Stefano Pioli believes that Inter can compete with the likes of Juventus, Roma and Napoli in the future.
The Coach admits that it will take planning and proper investments, but is a top three finish too much to ask this time around?
“The prospect weighs heavy on us,” Pioli told Corriere della Sera.
“Last season the third Champions League Spot was 80 points and this time is likely to be higher.”
The defeat to Juventus caused much controversy, so how does Pioli reflect on the events now?
Literally four months after his controversial autobiography came out, the FIGC has decided to fine both Mauro Icardi and Inter over the striker’s controversial comments.
The Nerazzurri captain released his book ‘Sempre Avanti’ in October, and made reference to an argument with the Ultras which occurred in 2015.
Icardi wrote that he could “bring 100 criminals from Argentina who’ll kill them where they stand”, leading to calls for him at the time for Icardi to be stripped of the armband. But when he continued to score goals, those calls mysteriously went away!
Gabriel Barbosa is the talk of Milan after scoring the winner against Bologna this past weekend. As a result there have been several interviews with him in the Italian press and here are some of the things the Brazilian forward spoke to about:
“It would be an honour to wear the Inter number 10 shirt,” admitted Gabigol. Previously, Stevan Jovetic had that squad number, but after his move to Sevilla look for Gabigol to claim it next season.
“My first goal? I’m really happy, I’ve worked so hard for this. I talked with my friends and they said it could be a special day for me, since I made my debut against Bologna in the first half of the season.